Welcome to the website of Spatial Microsimulation with R, a book about modelling individual-level data within administrative zones. The aim is to provide an introduction to the topic, with practical examples implemented in the powerful statistical software R.
This book is in preparation for publication in CRC Press’s R series. This wiki serves as a place explore the topics covered and allows instant access to updates. It also allows anyone with a GitHub account to contribute.
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The contents of the book are as follows:
- What is spatial microsimulation?
- Preparing input data
- Spatial microsimulation in R
- Alternative approaches to population synthesis
- Population synthesis without microdata
- Model checking and evaluation
- Visualising and analysing spatial microdata
- Spatial microsimulation for agent-based models
- Additional tools and techniques